Ø 比賽日期：2018年9月28日(星期五) 下午1點30分~5點30分
1. 內容35%，情意20% 詞語表達15%， 儀態20% ，時間10%
2018 Chinese Speech Competition
1. Improve students’ Chinese proficiency and enhance their ability to express themselves in Chinese.
2. Select and train foreign students who have potentials in making Chinese speeches to represent NTNU to compete in national speech contests.
*All contestants of MTC Chinese Speech Competition have a chance to be selected by our MTC teachers to win free “1-on-1 tutoring of oral expression” course after the competition.
Ø Date: September 28th, 2018 (Friday) 13:30-17:30 PM
Ø Location: R504
Ø Qualification of Contestants: MTC students or NTNU international students
Ø Application Deadline: now – September 21th. Please sign up in R601.
Ø Speech Topic (please select one topic from below):
1. Thanks to the Benefactors in My Life
2. Discussing from A Current Event
3. Free and Self-regulation
4. The Ability of Conversion Pressure
5. The Courage to Humble Oneself
Ø The grading standards:
1. Content: 35%, Expressing emotion: 20%, Word expression: 15%, Posture: 20%, Time-control: 10%
2. The time limit is 4-5 minutes. The bell will be rung once when the speech reaches 4 minutes, rung twice at 5 minutes. If the speech surpasses 6 minutes, the bell will be rung three times and one point will be deducted for every additional minute over the time limit.
Ø Prizes: Top 3 winners are awarded when 25 or more contestants entered in the competition. Top 2 winners are awarded when less than 25 contestants entered in the competition.
1st Place: 6,000 NTD, an award certificate and a medal
2nd Place: 3,000 NTD, an award certificate and a medal
3rd Place: 2,000 NTD and an award certificate and a medal
Consolation Prize(1 or 2 winners): 1,000 NTD and an award certificate
1. Deposit: NT$200 (will be returned upon attending the competition)
2. Contestants should arrive at R504 before 13:10 p.m. on Sep. 28th to receive number cards to decide the order of their performance.
3. The cash prizes listed above will be taxed up to 20% according to tax regulations for foreigners in Taiwan
4. In the interest of fairness, contestants may not use the school presentation aids, such as computers, projectors, mobile devices, Power points, etc.
5. Winners of the competition must represent NTNU to compete in national speech contests. If winning students cannot represent NTNU, their awards will be forfeited.
6. The competition has no level requirements. 3 hour’ supplementary hours are given to students who enter the contests. All MTC students are welcome to join.
7. 2 hours’ supplementary hours are given to students who watch the competition. Welcome to cheer for the contestants on September 28th.